Saturday, November 22, 2014

What's In A Name...

An unmet friend and I were just having this discussion about Simon Peter and how and what the meaning was behind his name and she said "I bet He has a name for you, too, just as He did for Peter. I dare you to ask Him what it is. :-)" For some reason I am not interested in knowing cuz often times I get God's ways and characteristics mixed up with us humans and the idea makes me want to puke because I have sooo many names... "lazy." 'stupid' 'worthless' 'user' 'fat' 'ugly' 'dope fiend' 'alcoholic' 'brat' 'mean' 'peesinherpants' 'selfish' and i am sure this list could go on and on...my point is that I forget that God doesn't use names like these. These are all pure, 100% bonafide 'man made'.... God's names go like this...for me and everyone...no matter what we have done or didn't do He called us 'friend.' He calls us 'Daughters and Sons of The Most High King'...He calls us 'Beloved'....He calls us 'His Own.' And he knows my name...he knows those words are all true of me even if I just can't quite believe them one hundred percent of the time. He's got my back..never, ever will God label me...give me a name to fit me in another box....God's names for me are for all eternity...and my favorite is when He call me His Own...

No comments:

Post a Comment